Detection of Circularly polarized light (LCP and RCP) at oblique incidence angle

Yadav Rohit Umashankar

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello Everyone, I am trying to simulate transmission and reflection of circularly polarized light (LCP and RCP) passing through some material, in wave optics module in 3D. I am able to generate the LCP and RCP light by defining through the port as Ex=cos(alpha), Ey=j, Ez=sin(alpha) for LCP and Ey=-j for RCP rest Ex and Ez remains same for RCP, where alpha is the angle of incidence varying from 0deg to 89 degree. I am using two periodic ports, one to launch the light and other to detect it, along with floquet periodic boundary conditions on the sidewalls .The problem is when I am detecting the same light through port 2 in transmission, just in air it doesn't gives the transmittance to be 1. Instead it shows for lower angle to be 1 and gradually decreases to 0 at higher angles as attached in figure below. If anyone could help me with this it would be great help.

Please read the discussion forum rules before posting.

Please log in to post a reply.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.