Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Hysteresis curve

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi all,

There is a way I can load a hysteresis curve for a specific material? If yes, how can I do that?

Cesar Camerini

6 Replies Last Post 2010年2月26日 GMT-5 11:52

Posted: 1 decade ago 2010年2月24日 GMT-5 11:08
Hi,

The way I know is by creating a new material. There you can define B, H and MUR as functions, trhough an equation or point by point.

I hope this helps.

Lidia.
Hi, The way I know is by creating a new material. There you can define B, H and MUR as functions, trhough an equation or point by point. I hope this helps. Lidia.

Posted: 1 decade ago 2010年2月25日 GMT-5 09:50
Hello

I´m with the same problem, I created a new material and loaded my hysteresis curve (attached), but I´m having difficulties to obtain the realtive permeability in function of B and H. How can I set the relative permeability in function of my B and H in the subdomains settings?
Thanks
Hello I´m with the same problem, I created a new material and loaded my hysteresis curve (attached), but I´m having difficulties to obtain the realtive permeability in function of B and H. How can I set the relative permeability in function of my B and H in the subdomains settings? Thanks

Posted: 1 decade ago 2010年2月25日 GMT-5 10:14
You must define in your material the relative permeability (mur) as a function of B. If you do it as a function of H you will get an error message when solving.
Note that B=mu0*mur*H, so you've just to take another set of points with "B" as "x" and "B/(mu0*H)" as "y".

If you find a better solution please tell me, because I'm interested on it.

Regards,

Lidia.
You must define in your material the relative permeability (mur) as a function of B. If you do it as a function of H you will get an error message when solving. Note that B=mu0*mur*H, so you've just to take another set of points with "B" as "x" and "B/(mu0*H)" as "y". If you find a better solution please tell me, because I'm interested on it. Regards, Lidia.

Posted: 1 decade ago 2010年2月25日 GMT-5 12:39
Hi Lidia,

Thank you for helping me.
I introduced the MUR as a function of B, as you recomended. But comsol continue to give me an error message when solving. This time I'm attaching my model so you can have a quickly view and try to help me again! The material is the subdomain number 2.
I'm still trying a different solution, if Iget on good results I'll send you.
Thank you again...

Monica
Hi Lidia, Thank you for helping me. I introduced the MUR as a function of B, as you recomended. But comsol continue to give me an error message when solving. This time I'm attaching my model so you can have a quickly view and try to help me again! The material is the subdomain number 2. I'm still trying a different solution, if Iget on good results I'll send you. Thank you again... Monica

Posted: 1 decade ago 2010年2月26日 GMT-5 10:56
When I was opening the model it gave an error message:

Failed to load file for interpolation function
- File: G:\Proyecto de Investigacin\outro.txt
When I was opening the model it gave an error message: Failed to load file for interpolation function - File: G:\Proyecto de Investigacin\outro.txt

Posted: 1 decade ago 2010年2月26日 GMT-5 11:52
Hello Monica,

I've seen your excel file right now. You may get the error message because you don't have to define the whole hysteresis curve but the positive values. I mean, what you have to define is

normB as a function of normH
normH as a function of normB
MUR as a function of normB

Regards,

Lidia.
Hello Monica, I've seen your excel file right now. You may get the error message because you don't have to define the whole hysteresis curve but the positive values. I mean, what you have to define is normB as a function of normH normH as a function of normB MUR as a function of normB Regards, Lidia.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.