Thermal expansion - Issue With Time Dependent

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello, I'm the one posted a question about 'Enclosed Cavity' (https://www.comsol.com/forum/thread/342081/how-can-i-apply-the-feature-of-enclosed-cavity-for-expansion-air-by-heating?last=2024-07-18T07:14:53Z) But I cannot reply more questions in that post, so I'm writing a new question in my model... (Thanks a lot for your help, Mr. Aaron Dettmann :) )

Here is the explaination about my model :

1. Enclosed graphite crucible
  2. Heat flux on the top surface of the crucible
  3. Thermal expansion of the air inside of the crucible (There isn't any material in the crucible but air)
  4. Inside surface of the cruicble get pressure as load.
  5. Study about stress and thermal expansion [Physics : Heat Transfer in Solids and Fluids & Structure Mechanics -> Thermal Expansion]

In the case of air's thermal expansion, I got the solution with 'Enclosed Cavity' feature. But there is something strange in the results.. When I studied in 'Stationary', the expansion of the crucible is too much than I thought. So I got study it again in 'Time-dependent', but only in 1 second, the thermal expansion was done. This is absolutely wrong. Do you have any idea about this?

1 Reply Last Post 2024年7月19日 GMT-4 09:27
Dave Greve Certified Consultant

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 2 hours ago 2024年7月19日 GMT-4 09:27

You will have to post the (reduced) model to get any useful advice.

You will have to post the (reduced) model to get any useful advice.

Please read the discussion forum rules before posting.

Please log in to post a reply.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.