Plotting the frequency vs displacement response for a mesh or node

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Dear forum,

I am trying to simulate the frequecy responce of a piezoelectric device. It seems I was able to successfully set the piezoelectric properties, electrostatic conditions, and run the frequency domain study. Now I am trying to plot its frequency responce at certain positions using 1D plot (for example with respect to the center of one side of the piezo device), but I realized that I can only select the 'points' of the model. Is there any way I can slect a certain mesh or perhaps its node and plot its frequency response?

Thanks, new COMSOL user

1 Reply Last Post 2024年7月20日 GMT-4 11:41
Dave Greve Certified Consultant

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 14 hours ago 2024年7月20日 GMT-4 11:41

There are two easy ways to do this

1 Add points to the geometry at the location(s) of interest

2 Define a 2D or 3D cut point under Datasets. Then under Derived Values add a Point Evaluation sub-node.

There are other more automated ways to accomplish the same thing (probes, for example).

There are two easy ways to do this 1 Add points to the geometry at the location(s) of interest 2 Define a 2D or 3D cut point under Datasets. Then under Derived Values add a Point Evaluation sub-node. There are other more automated ways to accomplish the same thing (probes, for example).

Please read the discussion forum rules before posting.

Please log in to post a reply.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.