Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

How do I make a laser on z-axis in 2D modeling?

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi,
I did 2D modeling in Electromagnetic waves, Transient mode.
I wanna make a model in which the enhanced electric field is shown when a laser passes from air to nanopattern.
however i don't know how to make a laser passing through nanopattern z-axis.

actually I am modeling plasmonic effect in gold nano bowtie, you know, and I read 'Second Harmonic Generation of a Gaussian Beam' in model library, but I didn't apply this sample into my model.
in shorts, i cannot change x-axis laser into z-axis laser....

question: 1. How do I make a laser on z-axis in 2D modeling?
2. How do I apply model depth on z-axis in 2D?

1 Reply Last Post 2013年2月6日 GMT-5 16:11

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 1 decade ago 2013年2月6日 GMT-5 16:11
I do not know if this will help but there is a 3D guassian ltser model in the rf model library. Also you might be able to collobrate the info from this model with microwave models (microwvave heateing) in the comsol rf library.
I do not know if this will help but there is a 3D guassian ltser model in the rf model library. Also you might be able to collobrate the info from this model with microwave models (microwvave heateing) in the comsol rf library.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.