Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

FEM error

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello every one.
i am new to this COMSOL and with the help some tutorial i learned how to use. i am much familiour with Matlab.
i want to ask 1 question, which i am facing in my most of the models.
let me excplain you how i make model and use. may be i am doing some mistake there.
1) i made my model in MATLAB using COMSOL functions .
2) Then i load it COMSOL using file -> import -> Geometry objects. assign sub domain and boundary conditions. choose solver if required and save the model in (.m) MATLAB file.
using this Matlab code i assign different conductivity and permitivity with other same boundary conditions.

till here its working fine,

now when i made one big cylinder C1 with the radius of 0.5 cm and cylinder C2 with the radius of 0.05 cm. apply step (2).
now in the MATLAB code if i change the radius of C2 0.1 cm i gives me error

??? Error using ==> fem2jxfem at 60
Errors found in FEM structure.

Error in ==> multiphysics at 81
jxfem=fem2jxfem(fem,femname(inputname(1),fem),{'lib'},false,false);

i checked the no of boundary, subdomain are same for both cases.
can anyone help me how to solve this error

0 Replies Last Post 2013年2月2日 GMT-5 03:08
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Adnan Farooq

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.