Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

How to mesh finer in a specific area in 3D

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

My model is a insulator in 3D surroundded by air, i added a small water droplet on the insulator to observe the electric field enhancement around the water droplet.
So i need to focus on the small water droplet and need finer or extra fine mesh for the air around the water droplet, but i don t want to make the whole air have finer or extra fine mesh because this will cost me much more longer time to compute it.
My question is that is there a way to mesh the air near water droplet finer but coarser in other part of air domain.
I tried distribution but it seems just make the surface finer but not the 3D space.

2 Replies Last Post 2013年5月6日 GMT-4 20:30

Posted: 1 decade ago 2013年3月8日 GMT-5 14:39
Hi,

you can add a small semi-sphere around the droplet. This makes a seperate domain available that can be meshed in a different way.

Cheers
Edgar
Hi, you can add a small semi-sphere around the droplet. This makes a seperate domain available that can be meshed in a different way. Cheers Edgar

Posted: 1 decade ago 2013年5月6日 GMT-4 20:30
Hi, Edgar

Thank you so much for your idea!!
It does make sence!

Thank you!

Regards,
Xin
Hi, Edgar Thank you so much for your idea!! It does make sence! Thank you! Regards, Xin

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.