Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Thermal expansion model.

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

I am trying to examine the stress distribution in a SiO2 film coated on a thick Si sample with a small Al bump on it, all heated to 600 K. I thought I built the model correctly, but a message that said relative error is greater than relative tolerance popped up after the computation. So I adjusted the relative tolerance value, and the result came out, but the resulting model seemed to be rotated around the axis a bit. I guess this is a problem concerning boundary condiciton or initial values. Can anyone tell me what may be the problem with my model. And also, I want to see the results displayed with arrows, not just color bands; do anyone know how to do this?

I would also appreciate if anyone of you explain how to build such thermal expansion model thoroughly.

Thank you.

1 Reply Last Post 2013年3月28日 GMT-4 03:08
Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 1 decade ago 2013年3月28日 GMT-4 03:08
Hi

that error message alo comes often out when one has not defined enough BC to get a unique solution

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi that error message alo comes often out when one has not defined enough BC to get a unique solution -- Good luck Ivar

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.