Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Surface Plot results not correcly moving

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello,

i have a "moving mesh" problem coupled with magnetic fields. I want to let the domain of a magnet move by a prescribed deformation in the ALE-Interface. It's a sinusoidal movement of a mass-spring-damper-system which i calculate by a global ODE and is used for the pescribed deformation.
If i couple the movement of the magnet with the magnetic field interface (mf) and do a time dependent study the magnet is moving by the correct displacement i calculate by the ODE but the result of the magnetic flux density is not moving or only the domain of the magnet is moving while using the spatial frame. I need the whole moving of the magnetic flux desinty in order to compute the inducted voltage of a coil.

Any advice to my problem? Thanks for your suggestions.

0 Replies Last Post 2013年4月9日 GMT-4 04:00
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Jan Schaefer

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.