Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

rigid particle carried by a channel flow

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi

I have to simulate the displacement and rotation of a rigid prticule in a fluid flow and I am not a professional on comsol. So, is there anyone who could help me? or if you have any examples of this models.

Thanks

20 Replies Last Post 2017年5月29日 GMT-4 04:30
Eric Favre COMSOL Employee

Posted: 1 decade ago 2013年4月15日 GMT-4 12:42
Hello,

You should have received the model corresponding to the image attached where the FSI interface is used to model a material of arbitrary shape in a flow. This model is not officialy supported by COMSOL since no checking has been made. Check carefuly your results!
(anyone interested by this model should get in touch directly with me).
This is relatively simple using the FSI that is available with the Structutral Mechanics module or the MEMS module. This is much more complicated if you do the coupling yourself (ALE + rigid or elastic body dynamics + fluid flow).

Good luck,
Eric
Hello, You should have received the model corresponding to the image attached where the FSI interface is used to model a material of arbitrary shape in a flow. This model is not officialy supported by COMSOL since no checking has been made. Check carefuly your results! (anyone interested by this model should get in touch directly with me). This is relatively simple using the FSI that is available with the Structutral Mechanics module or the MEMS module. This is much more complicated if you do the coupling yourself (ALE + rigid or elastic body dynamics + fluid flow). Good luck, Eric

Triantafyllos (Fyllos) Stylianopoulos

Posted: 1 decade ago 2013年5月10日 GMT-4 14:58
Hi Eric,

May I have a copy of this code?

thanks a lot in advance,
Fyllos
Hi Eric, May I have a copy of this code? thanks a lot in advance, Fyllos

Posted: 1 decade ago 2013年5月23日 GMT-4 13:00
You should have received it now. Sorry for the delay.

Actualy the 4.3b release introduces some slight improvements with the time-dependent algorithm and the reinitialization for the continuation of the computation just after a remeshing step is rather well under control. For others that have received the file before, you should ask for the updated version that has a much better control of accuracy in time. It makes the model much less sensitive to variations of parameters.

Attached a snapshot of the solution after 10s when the particle has traveled through the narrow central part.

Good luck,
Eric
You should have received it now. Sorry for the delay. Actualy the 4.3b release introduces some slight improvements with the time-dependent algorithm and the reinitialization for the continuation of the computation just after a remeshing step is rather well under control. For others that have received the file before, you should ask for the updated version that has a much better control of accuracy in time. It makes the model much less sensitive to variations of parameters. Attached a snapshot of the solution after 10s when the particle has traveled through the narrow central part. Good luck, Eric

Xavier Casadevall i Solvas

Posted: 1 decade ago 2013年11月4日 GMT-5 10:23
Dear Eric,

Could I please also bother you for this model?

Thanks a lot!

Xevi.
Dear Eric, Could I please also bother you for this model? Thanks a lot! Xevi.

Posted: 1 decade ago 2014年2月12日 GMT-5 18:38
Hi Eric,

I'm trying similar problems but my model is not working. Would you please send me a copy of your model? Thanks.

Best,
Yuwei
Hi Eric, I'm trying similar problems but my model is not working. Would you please send me a copy of your model? Thanks. Best, Yuwei

Posted: 1 decade ago 2014年2月14日 GMT-5 06:17
Hi Yu-Wei,

here is an updated animation with V4.4 (under resolved in time to make it smaller).
You should receive the file shortly through your contact in COMSOL.

Good luck,
Eric
Hi Yu-Wei, here is an updated animation with V4.4 (under resolved in time to make it smaller). You should receive the file shortly through your contact in COMSOL. Good luck, Eric

Posted: 10 years ago 2014年7月30日 GMT-4 23:04
Hi Eric,

May I have this code in V4.4? Thanks a lot.

Albert
Hi Eric, May I have this code in V4.4? Thanks a lot. Albert

Posted: 10 years ago 2014年8月24日 GMT-4 04:37
Hi,
I am a fresh man in Comsol and trying to use it to simulate the particle migration in a viscoelastic fluid with an ale particle mover. However, it always says “Failed to find consistent initial values. Last time step is not converged."
And I already tried to use a very fine mesh and tiny timesteps (1us) . Usually I'm using the time-dependent direct solver but it didn't lead to success yet. I think there are problems with my ale particle mover.
Could you help me with this? If possible, would you like to share your model with me?
Hi, I am a fresh man in Comsol and trying to use it to simulate the particle migration in a viscoelastic fluid with an ale particle mover. However, it always says “Failed to find consistent initial values. Last time step is not converged." And I already tried to use a very fine mesh and tiny timesteps (1us) . Usually I'm using the time-dependent direct solver but it didn't lead to success yet. I think there are problems with my ale particle mover. Could you help me with this? If possible, would you like to share your model with me?

Muhammad Adib Md Nasir

Posted: 10 years ago 2014年11月3日 GMT-5 21:40
Hi eric..

i working on the same problems and having trouble with defining the boundary conditions..would u mind to send me your model..Thanks
Hi eric.. i working on the same problems and having trouble with defining the boundary conditions..would u mind to send me your model..Thanks

Posted: 10 years ago 2014年11月4日 GMT-5 20:11
Eric, could you make the model available to me as well?

--
Steven Conrad, MD PhD
LSU Health
Eric, could you make the model available to me as well? -- Steven Conrad, MD PhD LSU Health

Posted: 10 years ago 2014年11月5日 GMT-5 03:13
The model named "Particle carried by a channel flow - extension" is available on request addressed to your usual local COMSOL contact. Please get in touch with her/him and refer to this model name to get it.
Thanks in advance!
Eric Favre
COMSOL France

The model named "Particle carried by a channel flow - extension" is available on request addressed to your usual local COMSOL contact. Please get in touch with her/him and refer to this model name to get it. Thanks in advance! Eric Favre COMSOL France

Posted: 9 years ago 2015年1月19日 GMT-5 02:07

The model named "Particle carried by a channel flow - extension" is available on request addressed to your usual local COMSOL contact. Please get in touch with her/him and refer to this model name to get it.
Thanks in advance!
Eric Favre
COMSOL France

Hi, Eric

Sorry to bother you for requesting the model. I have contact with my COMSOL contact the other day, however, there were no responses for now.

I am so eager to have this model, thanks a lot!

Best regards!

Mengqi Li
[QUOTE] The model named "Particle carried by a channel flow - extension" is available on request addressed to your usual local COMSOL contact. Please get in touch with her/him and refer to this model name to get it. Thanks in advance! Eric Favre COMSOL France [/QUOTE] Hi, Eric Sorry to bother you for requesting the model. I have contact with my COMSOL contact the other day, however, there were no responses for now. I am so eager to have this model, thanks a lot! Best regards! Mengqi Li

Posted: 9 years ago 2015年8月21日 GMT-4 11:24
Hi Eric, would you please share the model with me too. Thanks

Thanks in advance!
Eric Favre
COMSOL France

Hi Eric, would you please share the model with me too. Thanks [QUOTE] The model named "Particle carried by a channel flow - extension" is available on request addressed to your usual local COMSOL contact. Please get in touch with her/him and refer to this model name to get it. Thanks in advance! Eric Favre COMSOL France [/QUOTE]

Posted: 8 years ago 2016年3月4日 GMT-5 07:27
Hi Eric,
I'm trying similar problem, but ı didn't work my model. Would you send me your model? ( abdulganialsac@gmail.com )

Thanks

Abdulgani
Hi Eric, I'm trying similar problem, but ı didn't work my model. Would you send me your model? ( abdulganialsac@gmail.com ) Thanks Abdulgani

Posted: 8 years ago 2016年6月19日 GMT-4 22:32
Hi Eric,
Would you mind sending me a copy of this model?
I also want to model the trajectory of the particle in microchannel?
Thank you very much!(244190588@qq.com)
Best regards!
Hi Eric, Would you mind sending me a copy of this model? I also want to model the trajectory of the particle in microchannel? Thank you very much!(244190588@qq.com) Best regards!

Posted: 8 years ago 2016年12月7日 GMT-5 12:51
hi
i need to measure Cdamping for my latter works.im using comsol 5.1 software too. I want to use FSI interface that is used to model a material of arbitrary shape in a flow. i have some problems in this.i get an error in 3D designing: Failed to evaluate operator Jacobian.

would you mind helping us more about this problem with sharing your file?
hi i need to measure Cdamping for my latter works.im using comsol 5.1 software too. I want to use FSI interface that is used to model a material of arbitrary shape in a flow. i have some problems in this.i get an error in 3D designing: Failed to evaluate operator Jacobian. would you mind helping us more about this problem with sharing your file?

Posted: 8 years ago 2016年12月7日 GMT-5 15:36
Hello Soheila,

Better and updated solutions exist in recent COMSOL Multiphysics releases. Please contact your sales representative to get access to relevant files or solutions specific to the exact difficulties you meet.

Best regards,
Eric Favre
COMSOL France
Hello Soheila, Better and updated solutions exist in recent COMSOL Multiphysics releases. Please contact your sales representative to get access to relevant files or solutions specific to the exact difficulties you meet. Best regards, Eric Favre COMSOL France

Posted: 7 years ago 2017年3月22日 GMT-4 06:43
Hi Eric,

Can you also send me this model. I can't find it.

Thanks in advance,

Ignaas
Hi Eric, Can you also send me this model. I can't find it. Thanks in advance, Ignaas

Posted: 7 years ago 2017年3月22日 GMT-4 09:14
Please ask your usual COMSOL contact for this. They should be able to help you.
Best regards,
Eric Favre
Please ask your usual COMSOL contact for this. They should be able to help you. Best regards, Eric Favre

Posted: 7 years ago 2017年5月29日 GMT-4 04:30

Dear Eric,

I would like to have the model. Please send to me. Thanks!

Hello,

You should have received the model corresponding to the image attached where the FSI interface is used to model a material of arbitrary shape in a flow. This model is not officialy supported by COMSOL since no checking has been made. Check carefuly your results!
(anyone interested by this model should get in touch directly with me).
This is relatively simple using the FSI that is available with the Structutral Mechanics module or the MEMS module. This is much more complicated if you do the coupling yourself (ALE + rigid or elastic body dynamics + fluid flow).

Good luck,
Eric

Dear Eric, I would like to have the model. Please send to me. Thanks! [QUOTE] Hello, You should have received the model corresponding to the image attached where the FSI interface is used to model a material of arbitrary shape in a flow. This model is not officialy supported by COMSOL since no checking has been made. Check carefuly your results! (anyone interested by this model should get in touch directly with me). This is relatively simple using the FSI that is available with the Structutral Mechanics module or the MEMS module. This is much more complicated if you do the coupling yourself (ALE + rigid or elastic body dynamics + fluid flow). Good luck, Eric [/QUOTE]

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.