Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Setting up a previously solved physics as an initial condition for a second physics

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

I am new to COMSOL 4.3a and I have what seems to be a simple dilemma, but I can't figure it out.

I have a model incorporating three different physics. I want to run COMSOL to solve for the first physics, then use results from the first physics to solve for the second and then third physics. However, I don't want to run the first physics over and over again, because I am not changing any parameters in physics 1 (and physics #1 is not dependent on #2 or 3). I am changing variables in physics 2 and 3, and want to see what effect those changes have on my results. I would like to do this to save computational time, because I now have the program set up to where I am solving all three physics every time when the first physics is never changing. So can anybody tell me how can I solve for physics 1 only once, and use those results as initial conditions for physics 2 and 3?

1 Reply Last Post 2013年4月25日 GMT-4 07:50

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 1 decade ago 2013年4月25日 GMT-4 07:50
Hello!

You can solve your first physic in a first study; add a second study with your second physic.
In this second study you can set up, that you want to use the solution from first study.

Ralf
Hello! You can solve your first physic in a first study; add a second study with your second physic. In this second study you can set up, that you want to use the solution from first study. Ralf

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.