Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Multiphysics Swirl Flow with Convection&Conduction problem

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hey all,

so I am a beginner in Comsol. I designed a mixer in 2D axial symmetry and solved the problem with a given angular velocity w and found the stationary velocity field.

Now let's say the mixers submerges in 5 degrees Celsium water so the side walls have a constant 5 degrees Celsium temperature. I want to find the temperature field from t=0 (submersion) to t=x aka transient analysis.

Problem is, when I add the Convection and Conduction model, add subdomain and boundary conditions and solve with the transient solver while bounding the velocity field option with the variables of my previous solved problem, i get amazingly high temperatures and no change in the temperature field throughout time (we're talking about 10^46 T ??!!).

I have no clue what's going wrong, I suspect something with the solver manager and the solver parameter, tabs which aren't very clear to me.

In any case I've attached the 3.5 Comsol file. Any kind of help is appreciated.

0 Replies Last Post 2013年4月28日 GMT-4 11:48
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Geo Jean

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.