Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Need a Help!! Band diagram & extracting eigenfrequency which I solved with Comsol 4.3

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

I have to plot a Band diagram in 2D Photonic Crystal.
I worked in Eigenfrequency model, which I reached via RF module > Electromagnetic waves, Frequency > Eigenfrequecy.

After using parametric sweep with wave vector k, I got a eigenfrequecy for each value of k.
As I want to plot Band diagram, I need a data such as a spreadsheet which shows eigenfrequency and k. However I cannot find a way to extract the set of eigenfrequencies which I had gotten.

If there are any one who knows the way, Plz teach me T.T

2 Replies Last Post 2013年5月9日 GMT-4 12:53

Posted: 1 decade ago 2013年5月9日 GMT-4 09:50

I have to plot a Band diagram in 2D Photonic Crystal.
I worked in Eigenfrequency model, which I reached via RF module > Electromagnetic waves, Frequency > Eigenfrequecy.

After using parametric sweep with wave vector k, I got a eigenfrequecy for each value of k.
As I want to plot Band diagram, I need a data such as a spreadsheet which shows eigenfrequency and k. However I cannot find a way to extract the set of eigenfrequencies which I had gotten.

If there are any one who knows the way, Plz teach me T.T

do a point evaluation and select any point of the geometry, for the quantity to evaluate type in 'freq' , click evaluate (chose the appropriate solution from drop down menu so you get all permutations of k and freq). Copy results from the table to excel or matlab and plot them there.

~Chris
[QUOTE] I have to plot a Band diagram in 2D Photonic Crystal. I worked in Eigenfrequency model, which I reached via RF module > Electromagnetic waves, Frequency > Eigenfrequecy. After using parametric sweep with wave vector k, I got a eigenfrequecy for each value of k. As I want to plot Band diagram, I need a data such as a spreadsheet which shows eigenfrequency and k. However I cannot find a way to extract the set of eigenfrequencies which I had gotten. If there are any one who knows the way, Plz teach me T.T [/QUOTE] do a point evaluation and select any point of the geometry, for the quantity to evaluate type in 'freq' , click evaluate (chose the appropriate solution from drop down menu so you get all permutations of k and freq). Copy results from the table to excel or matlab and plot them there. ~Chris

Posted: 1 decade ago 2013年5月9日 GMT-4 12:53
Hi

I have used an ODE to evaluate "freq" and a parametric sweep on k to draw the eigenvalues in a 1D plot,

Hi I have used an ODE to evaluate "freq" and a parametric sweep on k to draw the eigenvalues in a 1D plot,

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.