Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

BH Curve as function of normH and T

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi,
I'm study the induction heating of a billet and I'd like to implement a BH curve as function of normH and the temperature. I have an analytical formula for that where I compute the normB as function of normH and T. This analytical formula is not inverse and I can't invert it. In order to reach that I add a BH curve in the material propriety where I report my formula. when I lunch the solution the software answer that doesn't know normH that in principle should be an input factor. So seems possible to give normB as input and extract normH but not the opposite that it my case. There is something of wrong in my procedure? Can someone help me to solve that problem?

Many Thanks

Best Regards,
Nicola

3 Replies Last Post 2013年5月27日 GMT-4 09:50

Posted: 1 decade ago 2013年5月27日 GMT-4 06:45
If there is really no way to invert the function analytically you might
use Comsol to invert it numerically. This may of may not work in your case:

Use a "dode" physics with variable u and create an algebraic equation in
the domains where the respective material and set it to:

u-f(mf.normB,T)

This will calculate normH for the current value of normB and T and store it into u.
Now you can use u as normH in mf:

Ampere's Law -> Magnetic Field -> Magnetic Field Norm -> User Defined = u

This make your problem highly nonlinear and you might want to set good initial
values.

Good luck,

Jens
If there is really no way to invert the function analytically you might use Comsol to invert it numerically. This may of may not work in your case: Use a "dode" physics with variable u and create an algebraic equation in the domains where the respective material and set it to: u-f(mf.normB,T) This will calculate normH for the current value of normB and T and store it into u. Now you can use u as normH in mf: Ampere's Law -> Magnetic Field -> Magnetic Field Norm -> User Defined = u This make your problem highly nonlinear and you might want to set good initial values. Good luck, Jens

Posted: 1 decade ago 2013年5月27日 GMT-4 08:13
Hi,

Please can you help me in the implementation of your solution.
The model is attached.

Many Thanks,
Nicola
Hi, Please can you help me in the implementation of your solution. The model is attached. Many Thanks, Nicola

Posted: 1 decade ago 2013年5月27日 GMT-4 09:50
Hi,

maybe this will help you for a start. I don't have the time implement the complete
function, but the error message is gone.

You must replace

u*mu0_const*42-ih.normB

by something in the manner

BH_function(u,T)-ih.normB

where BH_function is your expression for the
BH-relationship, in this expression you must use
u for normH

Regards

Jens
Hi, maybe this will help you for a start. I don't have the time implement the complete function, but the error message is gone. You must replace u*mu0_const*42-ih.normB by something in the manner BH_function(u,T)-ih.normB where BH_function is your expression for the BH-relationship, in this expression you must use u for normH Regards Jens

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.