Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Comsol 4.3 with Matlab - ACDC Rotating machinery - Identity Pair

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi Comsol forum,

this is the very first time I open a new thread.
I want to share (and I hope to solve) the problem which is afflicting me when I try to run a time dependent problem using Matlab 2012.

I am performing a 2D geometry optimization on a small permanent magnet synchronous motor: I followed the guide in the geometry declaration (especially the identity pair in the middle air gap surface between stator and rotor unions and the continuity along the surface).

I managed to perform both stationary and time dependent simulation, everything seems ok
BUT

when I launch the simulation with matlab I encountered the a problem:

the following strings

model.pair.name('List');

model.pair('ap4').name('Identity Pair 4');

model.physics('rmm').feature('cont1').set('pairs', 'ap4');

cause an error called something like "java error"
Since I do not know Java I wondered if anybody could help me.

Thanks in advance,
Andrea

3 Replies Last Post 2013年6月5日 GMT-4 23:13

Posted: 1 decade ago 2013年5月28日 GMT-4 06:36
This is the way Comsol declares the identity pair

model.pair.name('List');
model.pair('ap4').name('Identity_Pair_4');

Run the single simulation ..

The following error message appears on Matlab prompt:

Error using com.comsol.model.impl.ModelImpl/pair
Java exception occurred:
Exception:
com.comsol.util.exceptions.FlException: Unknown pair
- Tag: ap4

Stack trace:

at com.comsol.model.internal.impl.ModelEntityImpl.a(Unknown Source)

at com.comsol.model.internal.impl.ModelImpl.h(Unknown Source)

at com.comsol.model.internal.impl.ModelImpl.pair(Unknown Source)

at com.comsol.model.impl.ModelImpl.pair(Unknown Source)

Error in internal_call_Comsol_prova (line 366)
model.pair('ap4').name('Identity_Pair_4');
This is the way Comsol declares the identity pair model.pair.name('List'); model.pair('ap4').name('Identity_Pair_4'); Run the single simulation .. The following error message appears on Matlab prompt: Error using com.comsol.model.impl.ModelImpl/pair Java exception occurred: Exception: com.comsol.util.exceptions.FlException: Unknown pair Messages: Unknown pair - Tag: ap4 Stack trace: at com.comsol.model.internal.impl.ModelEntityImpl.a(Unknown Source) at com.comsol.model.internal.impl.ModelImpl.h(Unknown Source) at com.comsol.model.internal.impl.ModelImpl.pair(Unknown Source) at com.comsol.model.impl.ModelImpl.pair(Unknown Source) Error in internal_call_Comsol_prova (line 366) model.pair('ap4').name('Identity_Pair_4');

Posted: 1 decade ago 2013年5月29日 GMT-4 14:53
Solved by myself
Solved by myself

Posted: 1 decade ago 2013年6月5日 GMT-4 23:13
Hi,

I am new to COMSOL, I am trying to build PM synchronous machine model in comsol but encountered some problems. I dont know how to define AC excitation to stator coils, could you please help me or share your model with me so that I can see how you did synchronous machine modeling in comsol. I shall be very thankful.
Hi, I am new to COMSOL, I am trying to build PM synchronous machine model in comsol but encountered some problems. I dont know how to define AC excitation to stator coils, could you please help me or share your model with me so that I can see how you did synchronous machine modeling in comsol. I shall be very thankful.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.