Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

I really need help with this question! Please

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

I am soooo stuck with how to draw 2D cut lines from (b) in this solution set. I know its probably something really simple but its driving me crazy. I really don't know how to define the zeta cut lines and make a sketch as generated in the attachment. If someone could please give me some more detailed solution on how to complete step b I would really appreciate it.

I am just a beginner to COMSOL and I am really struggling with this - I have a test on Monday and I know that very similar concepts will be on the test. I am really panicking currently because I have been trying to figure this out for hours and I still can't do it ;(

Please help me.

Thank you a lot!

2 Replies Last Post 2013年6月6日 GMT-4 10:24
Edgar J. Kaiser Certified Consultant

Posted: 1 decade ago 2013年6月6日 GMT-4 10:19

Isabel,

you have essentially two otions for line plots.

1. You define a 3D or 2D cut line undern the Data Sets node and choose this cut line as the data set in your 1D plot group > line graph

2. You draw a line in your geometry, check 'create selections' and choose this line in the 1D plot group > line graph

Hope this helps
Edgar
--
Edgar J. Kaiser
www.emphys.com
Isabel, you have essentially two otions for line plots. 1. You define a 3D or 2D cut line undern the Data Sets node and choose this cut line as the data set in your 1D plot group > line graph 2. You draw a line in your geometry, check 'create selections' and choose this line in the 1D plot group > line graph Hope this helps Edgar -- Edgar J. Kaiser http://www.emphys.com

Posted: 1 decade ago 2013年6月6日 GMT-4 10:24
Hi thankyou for your reply - how do I define the zeta values using the 2D cut line? I don't understand how to put this information into comsol.
Hi thankyou for your reply - how do I define the zeta values using the 2D cut line? I don't understand how to put this information into comsol.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.