Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Using integration coupling variables

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Dear all and Ivar Kjelberg,
I used to integration coupling variable--->Point variables in order to derive integration velocity (u) and I got displacement (dr) in results for the case of 2D. But right now, my direction research is in 2D axisymmetric. Of course, if I used the integral equation similar to the case of 2D, the displacement results will be wrong.
Does anyone can give me suggestion about integration velocity equation in 2D-axisymmetric? I used moving mesh coupled with heat transfer and laminar two-phase flow, phase field.
Thanks so much!!!!

1 Reply Last Post 2013年6月24日 GMT-4 22:43

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 1 decade ago 2013年6月24日 GMT-4 22:43
Note that dont forget to multiply 2*pi*r with the integration velocity equation. But I'm also not sure this equation can derive to displasement or not.
int(2*pi*r*v) = displacement dr??? I'm still confused that because 2*pi*r*v = m^3/s # displacement.
We should use subdomain varaiable or boundary variable? Maybe we will wait the answer from Mr Ivar Kjelberg is sure.
Thanks alot!!!
Note that dont forget to multiply 2*pi*r with the integration velocity equation. But I'm also not sure this equation can derive to displasement or not. int(2*pi*r*v) = displacement dr??? I'm still confused that because 2*pi*r*v = m^3/s # displacement. We should use subdomain varaiable or boundary variable? Maybe we will wait the answer from Mr Ivar Kjelberg is sure. Thanks alot!!!

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.