Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

8 points of monitoring the temperatures - how to export to a dat file in one click?

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Good afternoon,

I'm going to make a simulation where I need to export to a file. DAT (or .TXT), eight points for monitoring of temperatures, plus the time step. How to do this? I can only export only one pair of time, ie the time step and the temperature in the numerical simulation for a non steady state. I'm using COMSOL Multiphysics 4.3.

I am following these steps for two points of monitoring the temperatures:

Model 1 -> Definitions -> Domain Point Probe 1 -> point Probe Expression 1 and
Model 2 -> Definitions -> Domain Point Probe 2 -> point Probe Expression 2

I appreciate the attention.

2 Replies Last Post 2013年8月4日 GMT-4 09:19

Posted: 1 decade ago 2013年8月4日 GMT-4 03:22
Hi,

I do it differently.

Under 'Results' node, please select 'Data sets > 'cut point 2d' or 'cut point 3d' depending on 2d or 3d. And then create under 'Results' node, '1d plot group' and 'point graph' and select any number of output times to be plotted. Then right click the 'point graph', select 'Add plot data to export'. This should get you what you are looking for.

Suresh
Hi, I do it differently. Under 'Results' node, please select 'Data sets > 'cut point 2d' or 'cut point 3d' depending on 2d or 3d. And then create under 'Results' node, '1d plot group' and 'point graph' and select any number of output times to be plotted. Then right click the 'point graph', select 'Add plot data to export'. This should get you what you are looking for. Suresh

Posted: 1 decade ago 2013年8月4日 GMT-4 09:19
Thanks.

Hi,

I do it differently.

Under 'Results' node, please select 'Data sets > 'cut point 2d' or 'cut point 3d' depending on 2d or 3d. And then create under 'Results' node, '1d plot group' and 'point graph' and select any number of output times to be plotted. Then right click the 'point graph', select 'Add plot data to export'. This should get you what you are looking for.

Suresh

--
--
Thanks. [QUOTE] Hi, I do it differently. Under 'Results' node, please select 'Data sets > 'cut point 2d' or 'cut point 3d' depending on 2d or 3d. And then create under 'Results' node, '1d plot group' and 'point graph' and select any number of output times to be plotted. Then right click the 'point graph', select 'Add plot data to export'. This should get you what you are looking for. Suresh [/QUOTE] -- --

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.