Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Opening COMSOL 3.5a files in COMSOL 4.3b

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

How can I open COMSOL 3.5a files in COMSOL 4.3b?

1 Reply Last Post 2013年8月15日 GMT-4 07:04

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 1 decade ago 2013年8月15日 GMT-4 07:04
Hello Bahareh,

It is possible to open v3.5a files directly in v4.3b. However, we cannot guarantee that this will work for every model file as there have been significant changes to the software since v3.5a.

For some details on backward compatibility, please refer to the following entry of the knowledgebase; www.comsol.com/support/knowledgebase/1080/

I hope this helps.

Best regards,

David
Hello Bahareh, It is possible to open v3.5a files directly in v4.3b. However, we cannot guarantee that this will work for every model file as there have been significant changes to the software since v3.5a. For some details on backward compatibility, please refer to the following entry of the knowledgebase; http://www.comsol.com/support/knowledgebase/1080/ I hope this helps. Best regards, David

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.