Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Acoustic-Structure Interaction

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi, I'm trying to solve a time-dependent Acoustic-Structure problem that consist in a acoustic pressure applied in the inlet of a tube as a boundary condition, in the outlet of this tube I applied a impedance condition with the value of c_air*rho_air, the sound pressure wave is suppose to hit the structure and transmit through it to the enclosure air cavity. Here I'm trying to simulate the response of the human eardrum to a high-intensity impulsive noise when protected by a earmuff. The problem is that the shell doesn't transmit the pulse, resulting in a pressure arround 0 Pa in the eardrum area. I'd done this before, in the time dependent Acoustic only module with sucess, but here in the Acoustic-Solid i'm stuck.

I'm using
Acoustic-Solid Interaction, Transient (asdt)->Time Dependant.
The Pulse is added to the software by an Interpolation Function, as shown in Img.1 attached.
I applied the boundary conditions as shown in Img.2 attached.

I'm sorry for my bad english and apreciate any help.

0 Replies Last Post 2013年8月15日 GMT-4 16:34
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Rafael Junckes

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.