Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Oil Tank wtih heater

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello, I am a new Comsol user. I am trying to model an oil tank heated by a U heater.The heater use oil at a higher temperature. The cold oil in the tank is at 30°C and the hot is at 250°C.I use Non-isothermal Flow for the oil in the tank and non-isothermal pipe flow for the oil in the heater.Basically, I have used the model cold water glass (in the library) to model the oil in the tanker and the mold cooling model, the pipe part, ( in the library) to model the heater. Unfortunately, when I run the model, the temperature in the heater is constant (at the initial temperature of cold oil) after some seconds and the temperature in the tanker is even lower !!. It should be heated not cooled! So, the oil in the heater pass from 250 to 30°C and the oil in the tank from 30 to 28C, that is impossible at all! Where is the heat going ?

Help please !!
Thanks

2 Replies Last Post 2013年8月21日 GMT-4 11:26

Posted: 1 decade ago 2013年8月19日 GMT-4 13:29
I have one more question .. In the mold cooling model, the cooling channels are inserted directly in the block. I though that it was necessary first to empty the volume of channels in the block and then insert them.
In the model I did I did not empty the space of heaters...maybe is that the problem?

Some sugestions..?

Thanks
I have one more question .. In the mold cooling model, the cooling channels are inserted directly in the block. I though that it was necessary first to empty the volume of channels in the block and then insert them. In the model I did I did not empty the space of heaters...maybe is that the problem? Some sugestions..? Thanks

Edgar J. Kaiser Certified Consultant

Posted: 1 decade ago 2013年8月21日 GMT-4 11:26

Mark,

just a general comment: it is almost impossible to give a useful advice without seeing the model. I myself don't have the heat transfer module, so I can't help directly.

Cheers
Edgar

--
Edgar J. Kaiser
emPhys Physical Technology
Mark, just a general comment: it is almost impossible to give a useful advice without seeing the model. I myself don't have the heat transfer module, so I can't help directly. Cheers Edgar -- Edgar J. Kaiser emPhys Physical Technology

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.