Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Modeling nanoparticle heating

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi,

How do i model multisource nanoparticles heating in COMSOL.

6 Replies Last Post 2013年8月21日 GMT-4 03:55

Posted: 1 decade ago 2013年8月20日 GMT-4 22:16
Hi Kwabena,

I wonder if COMSOL can handle the physical problem under nano scale.

Hi Kwabena, I wonder if COMSOL can handle the physical problem under nano scale.

Posted: 1 decade ago 2013年8月20日 GMT-4 22:24
So how do I add a weak form of the heat transfer equation to heat transfer model?
So how do I add a weak form of the heat transfer equation to heat transfer model?

Posted: 1 decade ago 2013年8月20日 GMT-4 22:27
Maybe a more realistic question is how to model a multisource heat transfer problem in comsol.
Maybe a more realistic question is how to model a multisource heat transfer problem in comsol.

Posted: 1 decade ago 2013年8月20日 GMT-4 23:41
Hi Kwabena,

Can you explain what is the multisource heat transfer problem?

Hi Kwabena, Can you explain what is the multisource heat transfer problem?

Posted: 1 decade ago 2013年8月20日 GMT-4 23:58
Say you want to solve the heat transfer in a domain with multiple point heat sources such that the heat generation term should be an algebraic sum of all the point sources.

Thank you.
Say you want to solve the heat transfer in a domain with multiple point heat sources such that the heat generation term should be an algebraic sum of all the point sources. Thank you.

Posted: 1 decade ago 2013年8月21日 GMT-4 03:55
Hi Kwabena,

How large is the region with multiple point heat sources?

I don't know if COMSOL can handle the problem with seperate point heat sources.

Hi Kwabena, How large is the region with multiple point heat sources? I don't know if COMSOL can handle the problem with seperate point heat sources.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.