Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Missing geometries in a 2D plot group

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi,

My modell consists of a magnet between two ferrous pole shoes. In the air gap between those pole shoes is a ferrous triangle. I'm using the live-link interface to import this geometries from Solidworks into Comsol.
Additionally there is one air-box with a fine mesh surrounding the triangle and the air-gap and one air-box surrounding the whole setup.
I am trying to visualize the magnetic field lines on a cut plane through the air gap of the pole shoes. The picture in the attachment shows a white triangle, where the field lines should be.
Obviously there are lines going inside the triangle and leaving it on the other side.
But why isn't Comsol able to show the white region of the plot?

(I assume that this error message maybe could be linked with my problem: If I want to make a parameterized surface of an air-box which contains no iron I get this message:
Cannot evaluate expression.
-Plot:previewplot(surface))

I was spending hours to solve this problem and now im really frustrated. I hope someone can help me.
Thanks in advance!
Julian

0 Replies Last Post 2013年8月27日 GMT-4 11:43
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Julian Kleber

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.