Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Load or Temperature Assignment to Nodes

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi All,
I utilize Livelink Matlab to solve a multiphysics problem. First of all, my Comsol model solves film pressure on a surface. Then, I extract the pressure distribution and film thickness of a boundary for every node to Matlab environment. I created a code that solves energy equation for temperature distribution by utilizing the pressure and film thickness obtained from Comsol (I use mpheval function to extract the pressure and film thickness from Comsol model). I want to assign temperature values to Comsol model again to solve the problem with temperature boundary condition (or as external temperature for heat flux boundary condition). Is there any way to assign temperature values specifically to nodes? or do you have any other suggestion to apply temperature to a boundary?

Thanks for your great work and precious help!

1 Reply Last Post 2014年3月15日 GMT-4 13:22
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Serdar Aksoy

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 1 decade ago 2014年3月15日 GMT-4 13:22
Dear Mr. Aksoy,

I see that you're also working on EHL-Simulations like I do. Have you solved the problem yet? I tried to set up two models: one for the pressure distribution and film thickness, and the other for solving the energy equations in order to obtain a temperature distribution. Do you use also use two models or do you use one model with two components (v4.4)?

In case you're using two models, you can compute the isothermal part and extract the pressure and filmthickness through EHL_Solution=mpheval(EHL-model,{'p,'h'},'edim',1,...). In the Heat-Transfer-model you can then use a MATLAB-function to that refers to the EHL_Solution in MATLAB.
In case of using only one model perhaps coupling operators are the way to go.

I'd appreciate your help and am looking forward to hearing from you!

Best regards,
Enzo Maier
Dear Mr. Aksoy, I see that you're also working on EHL-Simulations like I do. Have you solved the problem yet? I tried to set up two models: one for the pressure distribution and film thickness, and the other for solving the energy equations in order to obtain a temperature distribution. Do you use also use two models or do you use one model with two components (v4.4)? In case you're using two models, you can compute the isothermal part and extract the pressure and filmthickness through EHL_Solution=mpheval(EHL-model,{'p,'h'},'edim',1,...). In the Heat-Transfer-model you can then use a MATLAB-function to that refers to the EHL_Solution in MATLAB. In case of using only one model perhaps coupling operators are the way to go. I'd appreciate your help and am looking forward to hearing from you! Best regards, Enzo Maier

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.