Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Coupling Stationary fluid flow and transient solute transport to AC/DC module

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello,

I'm not the most proficient COMSOL user yet, and I have a 2D problem in v3.5a that would seem to be rather simple but has proven difficult to me thus far. My problem is as follows:

I want to analyze the behavior of the electric field due to transient NaCl transport through a steady-state flow field inside of a 2D cross-section of a dam, given a slug injection of NaCl. The electric field is a function of the steady-state velocity field as well as the time-dependent concentration gradient of NaCl, via the external current density term, Je, in the AC/DC module.

This is the main issue for me - the electric field is coupled to both the steady-state velocity field as well as the the concentration gradient of the solute in the flow field that is changing in time, and I'm unsure of the solver sequence that is necessary to achieve the solution to evaluate the electric field through time.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Also, I intend to extend my 2D model to a 3D simulation. Is there a simple, straightforward way to convert my 2D geometry to a 3D geometry?

Thanks in advance,

Scott

0 Replies Last Post 2013年9月9日 GMT-4 14:33
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Scott Ikard

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.