Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Shrinkage of hollow sphere

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi, I'm working on diffusion of a hollow sphere (axisymmetric 2D). I have set up the problem for constant external radius and I moved on to the ALE method of simulating the shrinkage of the external dimension (the inner radius is constant). I have a problem setting up the boundary conditions. I attached a pdf file where I explained what BC's I have chosen.

Domain - Free deformation zero initial displacements
Outer boundary - Prescribed mesh displacement (constant displacement in r & z directions)
Axis of symmetry - Prescribed mesh displacement (constant displacement in r & z directions)
Inner boundary - Prescribed mesh displacement (zero displacement in r & z directions)

Any suggestions?

Thanks

1 Reply Last Post 2014年10月9日 GMT-4 05:10
COMSOL Moderator

Hello George Xanthopoulos

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 10 years ago 2014年10月9日 GMT-4 05:10
did you figure out the problem how to solve??
did you figure out the problem how to solve??

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.