Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Moems Fabry Perot Pressure sensor

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

hi..
i am trying to simulate the structure something like attached figure. what i need to do is apply sinusoidal excitation (of resonant frequency of whole structure ) at the base (lower layer) of the structure..and see the deflection of free end of cantilever beam..which i m sensing by reflected light, from the structure..laser light is incident upon this end from the top..
my doubts are how do i apply sinusoidal excitation at the lower layer ie base.??
i read few other related threads sir but those didn't help me..
please help me???
thank you in advance..

2 Replies Last Post 2013年9月23日 GMT-4 06:10
Edgar J. Kaiser Certified Consultant

Posted: 1 decade ago 2013年9月23日 GMT-4 04:37
Hi,

you didn't tell us, which application mode you are using and what the frequency range is. In general you can apply a potential, port, or terminal BC to the plate and then run a frequency domain study in the frequency range of interest.

Cheers
Edgar

--
Edgar J. Kaiser
emPhys Physical Technology
Hi, you didn't tell us, which application mode you are using and what the frequency range is. In general you can apply a potential, port, or terminal BC to the plate and then run a frequency domain study in the frequency range of interest. Cheers Edgar -- Edgar J. Kaiser emPhys Physical Technology

Posted: 1 decade ago 2013年9月23日 GMT-4 06:10
thank you sir for so quick reply..
sir i have to give the excitation frequency as resonant frequency of the structure..that i need to find out from eigen frequency analysis and i am applying sinusoidal voltage of same frequency with a potential in pzd module through piezoelectric material of same size as base, placed below to it..i m getting error like last time is not converged..what i can do ??? and also how to add viscous characteristics of surrounding air.??
thank you sir for so quick reply.. sir i have to give the excitation frequency as resonant frequency of the structure..that i need to find out from eigen frequency analysis and i am applying sinusoidal voltage of same frequency with a potential in pzd module through piezoelectric material of same size as base, placed below to it..i m getting error like last time is not converged..what i can do ??? and also how to add viscous characteristics of surrounding air.??

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.