Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Implementing convective cooling via air in a model

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi all

I have a 3-d geometry in comsol with say some solid materials which are in contact with each other for some part and with some gaps in some parts. I want to model this solid block sitting in air and getting cooled by air convections. In real life obviously the gaps will be filled with air.

So to implement this I have drawn the big cube around the solid geometry and put air as the material of that domain. And I can see that the outer surfaces of the solids are being cooled by air.

Now the question is would comsol understand that there is air in those gaps between solid surfaces as well because the complete geometry is sitting in air ??
If not, is there a better way to model a 3-D solid geometry being cooled by air convection. I can't use inbuilt BCs in comsol as the geometry mostly is not uniform, so I have to rely on conjugate heat transfer.

I hope I am making it clear. I will greatly appreciate any help on this ?

Thanks

Abhishek

0 Replies Last Post 2013年9月26日 GMT-4 15:59
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Abhishek Gupta

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.