Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

2D polypropylene creep test

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hey guys,

I am kind of new for COMSOL I need some help from you guys.

I would like to compare the results from ANSYS and COMSOL and I tried to 2D polypropylene creep test. For ANSYS, I used Maxwell model and I could get a strain creep rate equation. With the strain creep rate equation, I would like to do creep test on COMSOL. In COMSOL, in order to creep test, I made creep under linear elastic material from solid mechanics. I think I need some variables for Norton model which is pretty similar with Maxwell model but I don't know how to find out those numbers from maxwell model. Is there any other suggestion to put the equation from ANSYS directly into COMSOL?

1 Reply Last Post 2013年10月2日 GMT-4 01:54
Henrik Sönnerlind COMSOL Employee

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 1 decade ago 2013年10月2日 GMT-4 01:54
Hi,

Could you not just use the Linear Viscoelastic Material, where there is a (generalized) Maxwell model?

Regards,
Henrik
Hi, Could you not just use the Linear Viscoelastic Material, where there is a (generalized) Maxwell model? Regards, Henrik

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.