Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

coupling two phase laminar flow and heat transfer in fluids

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi guys,

I have serious convergence problem in my case of two phase laminar flow and heat transfer in fluids. It is not a big deal. Just a box with inlet and oulet - for the flow - and one temperature boundary source and time dependent analysis.. . At the beginning there is nitrogen inside and another gas is going through the inlet and is mixing with the nitrogen. At the same time, there is a temperature at one boundary. I just want to know what is happenig with the density of the mixture in time.

Is there some trick how to couple these two analyses? It works fine separately, of course...

Thank you in advance!

Katerina

2 Replies Last Post 2016年5月27日 GMT-4 11:22
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Katerina

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Abdulrahman Al Rumaidh

Posted: 8 years ago 2016年5月27日 GMT-4 09:37
Hi,

Did you manage to solve the problem because I'm facing the same one? I really hope you did :)

--
Abdulrahman Al Rumaidh
Mechanical Engineering Student | University of Bahrain
Hi, Did you manage to solve the problem because I'm facing the same one? I really hope you did :) -- Abdulrahman Al Rumaidh Mechanical Engineering Student | University of Bahrain

Posted: 8 years ago 2016年5月27日 GMT-4 11:22
Hi,

I am afraid I did not. I had to solve the flow in the vessel and the temperature distribution during the day. Of course, it would be great if I could couple these two. But the results had to be quite quickly presented so we satisfied with the separate analyses this time ... Then I didn't come back to it. Sorry ;( But if you have any suggestions or somebody here would be great!

Best regards,
Katerina
Hi, I am afraid I did not. I had to solve the flow in the vessel and the temperature distribution during the day. Of course, it would be great if I could couple these two. But the results had to be quite quickly presented so we satisfied with the separate analyses this time ... Then I didn't come back to it. Sorry ;( But if you have any suggestions or somebody here would be great! Best regards, Katerina

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.