Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Comsol runs very slow

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi there,

Am doing a simple Fluid flow analysis, where i change only the flow rates for the same geometry. The simulation was running fine and I get results in a few minutes.

Since last two days, the experiment is running very slow and sometimes it gets stucked up and not progressing.

Could someone help pls..

Tks.

5 Replies Last Post 2013年11月15日 GMT-5 03:08

Posted: 1 decade ago 2013年11月14日 GMT-5 00:50
Did you changed the mesh ?? Incase it may take long time!!
Did you changed the mesh ?? Incase it may take long time!!

Posted: 1 decade ago 2013年11月14日 GMT-5 03:06
Hi,

No, I dont change the mesh also. Just the flow rate, which i reduced to a smaller value.
Please help me if you have any idea.

tks
Hi, No, I dont change the mesh also. Just the flow rate, which i reduced to a smaller value. Please help me if you have any idea. tks

Posted: 1 decade ago 2013年11月14日 GMT-5 08:32
I have also some problems with solver rate
I have observe that time dependent solver can slow down and becoming very slow!
The progress rate of the solver stay fixe at a certain value, at the beginning of the calculation there is no this kind of effect. (I don't talk about the value of the convergence time step).
What happens?

Julien
I have also some problems with solver rate I have observe that time dependent solver can slow down and becoming very slow! The progress rate of the solver stay fixe at a certain value, at the beginning of the calculation there is no this kind of effect. (I don't talk about the value of the convergence time step). What happens? Julien

Posted: 1 decade ago 2013年11月14日 GMT-5 12:21
Hi,
Have you tried clearing the previous solutions before running the program? This might help.
Nancy
Hi, Have you tried clearing the previous solutions before running the program? This might help. Nancy

Posted: 1 decade ago 2013年11月15日 GMT-5 03:08
Thank you Nancy,

I have found the solution. I use now PARDISO solver instead MUMPS wich as allocation memory problem
and slow down computation

Julien
Thank you Nancy, I have found the solution. I use now PARDISO solver instead MUMPS wich as allocation memory problem and slow down computation Julien

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.