Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Simulating electrical double layer in comsol

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi,

I am trying to simulate an ISFET. There are two electrical double layers in the device. One is at the electrolyte insulator interface. The second one is at electrolyte electrode interface. So, how can they be simulated individually and as a complete set? Finally, i want to couple this model with a mosfet with the insulator at the gate. How shall i proceed?

Regards,
Soumendu

3 Replies Last Post 2015年6月18日 GMT-4 11:43

Posted: 1 decade ago 2013年12月2日 GMT-5 09:38
Hi,

Please help me in coupling the semiconductor physics module along with electrostatic module. I am unable to get the proper response of the device by depositing the insulating layer and applying a potential in the gate region to get the MOSFET response without using the thin insulator gate function inbuilt in semiconductor module.

Regards,
Soumendu
Hi, Please help me in coupling the semiconductor physics module along with electrostatic module. I am unable to get the proper response of the device by depositing the insulating layer and applying a potential in the gate region to get the MOSFET response without using the thin insulator gate function inbuilt in semiconductor module. Regards, Soumendu

Posted: 10 years ago 2014年8月7日 GMT-4 03:20
Hi Soumendu,

Did you come up with the solution. I am also trying to simulate an ISFET. I have done the MOSFET simulation and now I need to simulate electrode/electrolyte/insulator double layers. If you have done please help me. Thank you in advance.

Regards
Anup Kumar

Hi Soumendu, Did you come up with the solution. I am also trying to simulate an ISFET. I have done the MOSFET simulation and now I need to simulate electrode/electrolyte/insulator double layers. If you have done please help me. Thank you in advance. Regards Anup Kumar

Posted: 9 years ago 2015年6月18日 GMT-4 11:43

Hi,

Please help me in coupling the semiconductor physics module along with electrostatic module. I am unable to get the proper response of the device by depositing the insulating layer and applying a potential in the gate region to get the MOSFET response without using the thin insulator gate function inbuilt in semiconductor module.

Regards,
Soumendu

Hi did you solve this problem? I am also simulate OFET and found the thin insulator gate function has some problem in the OFET devices
[QUOTE] Hi, Please help me in coupling the semiconductor physics module along with electrostatic module. I am unable to get the proper response of the device by depositing the insulating layer and applying a potential in the gate region to get the MOSFET response without using the thin insulator gate function inbuilt in semiconductor module. Regards, Soumendu [/QUOTE] Hi did you solve this problem? I am also simulate OFET and found the thin insulator gate function has some problem in the OFET devices

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.