Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

solid domain deformed in a moving mesh

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi, all,
The problem in my simulation is a particle which is set as a solid domain deformed in a 2D, transient simulation.

I am doing the simulation of a movement of a particle suspended in a micro-channel which is filled with water. Electric field is applied. There are conducting plates attached to the wall, by which induced-charge electroosmotic flow is induced. The particle would move with the mainstream, however, when the particle get close to the conducting plates, where the induced-charge electroosmotic flow (vortices) exists, the particle deformed, which is wrong.

I tried to refine the mesh, reduce the time step, but still have the same problem. If you see the figures, the particle is moving from left to right. The second figure shows when the particle starts to deform. There are two sharp points after the particle deformed, and you can see the stress at the two points are much higher than other nodes.

Does anybody know how to solve this problem? Thank you very much.

0 Replies Last Post 2013年12月5日 GMT-5 09:48
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Fang Zhang

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.