Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Error:"Variables property does not include all degrees of freedom in xmesh".

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello,
I have tried to simulate two groups of cylinder permanent magnets and try to calculate the magnetic forces.
I use Swept mesh for the magnets and Free Quad for the air (which I use a big sphere) around the magnets.
Now the problem is: when I run it, there is the error"Variables property does not include all degrees of freedom in xmesh" .
Could anybody tell me what could be the problem?

Thanks a lot!

Cui

4 Replies Last Post 2014年11月5日 GMT-5 18:20
Gunnar Andersson COMSOL Employee

Posted: 1 decade ago 2014年1月23日 GMT-5 02:06
It sounds as if you have encountered a bug in the program. I suggest that you contact COMSOL Support.
It sounds as if you have encountered a bug in the program. I suggest that you contact COMSOL Support.

Posted: 1 decade ago 2014年1月23日 GMT-5 04:57
Thanks for your suggestion!
Thanks for your suggestion!

Posted: 10 years ago 2014年10月23日 GMT-4 12:43
I got the same problem while calculating light propagation through a structure of rectangular blocks surrounded by air, using electromagnetic waves, frequency domain. The blocks were meshed by swept and the air by free quad. Was there any progress during the past monthes?
I got the same problem while calculating light propagation through a structure of rectangular blocks surrounded by air, using electromagnetic waves, frequency domain. The blocks were meshed by swept and the air by free quad. Was there any progress during the past monthes?

Posted: 10 years ago 2014年11月5日 GMT-5 18:20
I've had a similar problem solving the magnetic field with a swept cylinder and free quad mesh. Did you get a response from COMSOL?
I've had a similar problem solving the magnetic field with a swept cylinder and free quad mesh. Did you get a response from COMSOL?

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.