Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

General Projection and Quad mesh

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi all,
I was wondering whether there are methods to use the general projection even with a quad mesh. At the moment I got the following error: "projection coupling does not support this mesh type".

Any idea?
Regards.
Diego

3 Replies Last Post 2014年11月2日 GMT-5 03:32
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Diego Caccavo

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Posted: 1 decade ago 2014年6月24日 GMT-4 11:00
Just to say, I solved the problem adding a new study that use a triangular mesh.
This new study doesn't solve for any physic but it imports all the variables from the first study (the one with the quad mesh). In this way it's possible to use the "general projection" function on the new study.
Just to say, I solved the problem adding a new study that use a triangular mesh. This new study doesn't solve for any physic but it imports all the variables from the first study (the one with the quad mesh). In this way it's possible to use the "general projection" function on the new study.

Posted: 10 years ago 2014年11月1日 GMT-4 16:13
Hi,

I am facing the same problem. This may be a very basic question but how exactly did you import the solution from study 1 to study 2? I would really appreciate your help.
Hi, I am facing the same problem. This may be a very basic question but how exactly did you import the solution from study 1 to study 2? I would really appreciate your help.

Posted: 10 years ago 2014年11月2日 GMT-5 03:32
Hi Arvind,

in the 2nd study options, expanding the window "Values of Dependent variables", there is the box "Values of variables not solved for" that allows to import the solution of the first study into the second.

Hi Arvind, in the 2nd study options, expanding the window "Values of Dependent variables", there is the box "Values of variables not solved for" that allows to import the solution of the first study into the second.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.