Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Variable names in error messages: How to interprete the name of a variable for where it is defined and what does it define?

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

I got an error message:" The source selection for the operator root.comp1.solid.cnt1.max_dst must be nonempty.Error in multiphysics compilation."

How can I interpret this message?
How can I know, where this variable is defined?

I presume, the dot separate different states and nodes
root. = ??
comp1. = .. I presume the compiled geometric object is meant?
solid. = I presume a solid mechanics module does the definition???
cnt1. = ???
max_dst = ????

0 Replies Last Post 2014年2月4日 GMT-5 07:51
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Hans Gennerich

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.