Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Modelling free water surface

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello Every body,

First, excuse me for my english, I try to do my best...

I'd want to create a model which could simulate the free surface of a liquid (water for example) in a test tube and the analysis would be focused on the shape of this surface. I could do this using Comsol 3.5a, but I recently upgraded to 4.1 version and I don't get how to write my boundary conditions.

I use single phase fluid flow, and moving mesh ALE method in a 2D analysis. I let a free surface and the 3 others are walls. On the the free surface I let the mesh being deformed (vn=u*nx+v*ny) and I apply the surface Tension force (-nu_surf*(uTx_test+vTy_test)). But my problem is I dont jknow where to write that condition in 4.1... Same thing for the angle of contact where I have an extrusion variable (used as the normal to the contact) and I write a weak expression for the angle...

If anybody can help me that would be great :)

Thanks!

Nicolas

0 Replies Last Post 2014年3月24日 GMT-4 04:09
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Nicolas Lhenry

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.