Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Errors with conjugate heat transfer...

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello

I am new to COMSOL and I am doing simple test model of natural convection of air around hot metal cylinder. I think, that I set everything properly (like volume force etc), physics is quite easy but after 2 or 3 iterations i get errors like this:

Failed to find consistent initial values.
Undefined value found.
NaN or Inf found when solving linear system using SOR.

or similar. When i change to dierct solver it keeps increasing memory allocation factor and nothing happends.

I tried to change mesh to courser or finer, tried different solvers and options and nothing helped.

I cannot attach my model in comsol, its too big, but I can send it on email if someone would like to help.

Please help me I really run out of ideas....

0 Replies Last Post 2014年4月1日 GMT-4 06:48
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Bolesław Bródka

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.