Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

using the Amazon cloud

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

I was interested in hearing any opinions regarding the use of COMSOL in the Amazon cloud. We currently have limited computing resources in house and so we'll either purchase a new machine or switch over to using Amazon EC2. I have heard that Amazon can be really useful when the need is for LOTS of RAM or when performing parametric sweeps; I also heard that it is relatively slow (like a 10 minute computation performed locally might take hours when operating in the cloud). I'm interested in hearing anything about your experience using COMSOL in the Amazon cloud, including (but not limited to) how easy was it to setup/use COMSOL in the Amazon cloud? and what has been your experience with performance?

Thoughts/opinions regarding your experience with Amazon cloud is very much appreciated!

Best regards,

John

0 Replies Last Post 2014年4月28日 GMT-4 13:53
COMSOL Moderator

Hello John Wilson

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.