Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

A problem with the interpolation function

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello everybody,

I'm a new user of Comsol but I have to simulate the behavior of a material using this software.
I have numerical values obtained by experience in an excel file. I made a .txt file with this values (first column the argument and the second the values of y axis). I put 1 in the number of arguments and attached my .txt file, but when I click on 'plot', I get a curve that obviously doesn't match my table of values. I find values on the graph that my x-variable (the argument of my discrete function) doesn't reach. Moreover, the person who did the experimentation plotted the curve somehow, and the shape of this curve is nothing like what i get on Comsol.

I still have another question. I'm supposed to use the steel B500S in the simulation. This reference is given by the European norm UNE 36-068-94, but I notice that Comsol uses the UNS norm, which I never heard of, may be it's the norm used by the USA or something like that. Anyway, I don't know how to recognise my material in this norm.

Thanks for reading me if you get here,
Imane.

1 Reply Last Post 2014年5月2日 GMT-4 09:49

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 1 decade ago 2014年5月2日 GMT-4 09:49
I suspect the problem comes from the definition of decimal numbers. In excel, they are written with a comma, whereas in Comsol, they are written with a dot. In this case, how do I change the notation in Excel ?
I suspect the problem comes from the definition of decimal numbers. In excel, they are written with a comma, whereas in Comsol, they are written with a dot. In this case, how do I change the notation in Excel ?

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.