Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

ACDC Frequency Domain simulation with two different frequencies

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello,

I am trying to simulate two resonance circuits using the ACDC Module. How can I simulate the system in the frequency domain considering that the voltage sources of the two respective circuits have to operate at their respective resonant frequencies?

As I understand, the frequency domain simulation of COMSOL imposes the same frequency on both the circuits but I need the voltage sources of the two respective circuits have to operate at their respective resonant frequencies.

Any help would be much appreciated.

2 Replies Last Post 2014年5月6日 GMT-4 10:24

Posted: 1 decade ago 2014年5月6日 GMT-4 08:58
In comsol, if using frequency domain, you can only sweep a source or use one frequency at a time. You have a bit more flexibility if using the time domain analysis because you can use 'N' different freqs but you have to take into consideration simulation time if those 'N' freqs are far apart. If you are truly simulating just circuits, you would be better off using LTspice, which is free s/w.
In comsol, if using frequency domain, you can only sweep a source or use one frequency at a time. You have a bit more flexibility if using the time domain analysis because you can use 'N' different freqs but you have to take into consideration simulation time if those 'N' freqs are far apart. If you are truly simulating just circuits, you would be better off using LTspice, which is free s/w.

Posted: 1 decade ago 2014年5月6日 GMT-4 10:24
Hi Dennis,

Thanks for your reply.

I have made a few more assumptions in my model in order to handle the fact that only one frequency can be swept at a time. Time domain is too tedious and time and resource consuming!

Also, thanks for your suggestion to use LTSpice but I can't use it here because I am also studying magnetic field interactions.

Cheers!

Hi Dennis, Thanks for your reply. I have made a few more assumptions in my model in order to handle the fact that only one frequency can be swept at a time. Time domain is too tedious and time and resource consuming! Also, thanks for your suggestion to use LTSpice but I can't use it here because I am also studying magnetic field interactions. Cheers!

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.