Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Cyclic Voltammetry (CV)

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

1) I am using the electroanalysis physics module with the built-in CV study only. How does one define the two electrodes which the CV is being applied, in the case of a two-electrode setup?

2) Is there a way to conduct the CV using a three electrode setup (2 electrodes + reference point)?

1 Reply Last Post 2014年5月7日 GMT-4 01:55

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 1 decade ago 2014年5月7日 GMT-4 01:55
As far as I have understood it, the built-in CV node concerns only the working electrode and assumes that its potential is measured with reference to a fixed potential. But the Electroanalysis module has versatile possibilities to set-up a problem, you just need to set the boundary conditions in an appriopriate way. I guess it is possible to define a point/surface in the simulation domain with fixed potential to mimic a reference electrode.
As far as I have understood it, the built-in CV node concerns only the working electrode and assumes that its potential is measured with reference to a fixed potential. But the Electroanalysis module has versatile possibilities to set-up a problem, you just need to set the boundary conditions in an appriopriate way. I guess it is possible to define a point/surface in the simulation domain with fixed potential to mimic a reference electrode.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.