Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Setting view / camera position for exported plots

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

I wrote a .m file that creates and solves my model and generates the result plots, and until now I have then opened the model in COMSOL and manually exported the plots that I need. Now am trying to automate the export of plots (so that I can work only through scripts rather than the COMSOL GUI, since I'm using it remotely).

(A note - I found this thread very helpful for figuring out how to get the Matlab Livelink to do the plot exports: www.comsol.com/community/forums/livelink-products/thread/15958/ )

The problem I'm encountering is that, no matter what I try, the view for the exported plots is the default 3D view. I have created a view under the model definitions, set the camera where I would like it to be, and locked it. I have assigned the result plot to use that view. When I export the plot in Matlab, it always has the default view, but then if I open the model in COMSOL, the view is correct.

Can anyone help?

0 Replies Last Post 2014年5月8日 GMT-4 21:50
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Vanessa Tidwell

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.