Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Turbulent fluid flow in pipes with constant temperature

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello,

I think it is an easy question but I am new in COMSOL and I am really lost about what to do now.
I am trying to simulate a time dependent air distribution through several pipes in turbulent flow, just like a heat exchanger. The air comes from a main big pipe and is distributed through 15 smaller ones. In these smaller tubes, there is a constant temperature on the wall of the pipe.
Then the flux is joined together again. My objective is to verify the temperature difference between the air in inlet and the air in outlet.
I could simulate the flow using turbulent flow k-‎ε (spf) physics, the results are good.

My issue is to add the wall pipe temperature to the model. I tryed in several ways using the same paramethers for the flux but could not find a solution even for stationary.
1) Conjugate heat transfer with turbulent flow: which in my opinion is not good because I need to add a solid material for the pipes which just complicate the model since the material are not important in these case.
2) Non-isothermal flow (nitf): it looks to be the solution, I just added the temperature on the outside of the tubes, an outflow and symmetry heat. But it is not working.
There is a screenshot of the model attached.

Hope someone can help me. Thank you very much in advance!!

1 Reply Last Post 2014年5月9日 GMT-4 12:01

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 1 decade ago 2014年5月9日 GMT-4 12:01
just uploaded the model:

www.4shared.com/file/-pS5qnzmba/non_isothermal_flow.html
just uploaded the model: http://www.4shared.com/file/-pS5qnzmba/non_isothermal_flow.html

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.