Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Conjugate Heat Transfer

David Fernandez Bosman

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello everybody,

I'm simulating the heat transfer on a detector connected to and cooling of a set of detectors connected to some chips that are heating. I'm doing my project in 2-dimentions in order to avoid computational cost. I have my geometry, let's say in the x-y plane.

I'm using the Conjugate Heat Transfer Module because I want to simulate
the cooling effect of forced air moving. The problem is that I would like to simulate air moving in the z-direction. It is possible?

Thank you very much,

David

2 Replies Last Post 2014年5月20日 GMT-4 16:27

Posted: 1 decade ago 2014年5月20日 GMT-4 11:07
Hi David,

You can only leave out the z-dimension if everything is the same in the z-direction. If the temperature of the flowing air changes in the z-direction I think you have no choice but to make the whole model 3D.
Hi David, You can only leave out the z-dimension if everything is the same in the z-direction. If the temperature of the flowing air changes in the z-direction I think you have no choice but to make the whole model 3D.

David Fernandez Bosman

Posted: 1 decade ago 2014年5月20日 GMT-4 16:27
Thank you Pieter.

I understand what you say, I will have to rethink my problem,

David
Thank you Pieter. I understand what you say, I will have to rethink my problem, David

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.