Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

discharge current

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

i am a new user, and i tried to model 2 D axisymmetric DC discharge plasma jet in plasma module., how can i defined displacement current density on r axis, i cannot plot it, and how can i plot total current discharge.
thanks

3 Replies Last Post 2014年5月28日 GMT-4 07:36

Posted: 1 decade ago 2014年5月26日 GMT-4 03:58
For the plotting: add to the results node a 1D-plot group node, add to that node a graph node, and when you select that node you have to select the edge of your domain that is on your r-axis, and the solution group that you want to plot, and the value that you want to plot, and then click plot. That is, if COMSOL 4.1 is not too different from 4.3 and 4.4 that I have used.
For the plotting: add to the results node a 1D-plot group node, add to that node a graph node, and when you select that node you have to select the edge of your domain that is on your r-axis, and the solution group that you want to plot, and the value that you want to plot, and then click plot. That is, if COMSOL 4.1 is not too different from 4.3 and 4.4 that I have used.

Posted: 1 decade ago 2014年5月26日 GMT-4 18:16
hi
i already select point graph to plot and when i select displacement current density,to be plotted on y axis, , if i select ground boundary to plot displacement current density nothing plotted and if i select any other boundary error message"failed to evaluate variable, variable mode1.dc,Jdr
please help me . note i use plasma module dc discharge and i want to model plasma jet
thanks
hi i already select point graph to plot and when i select displacement current density,to be plotted on y axis, , if i select ground boundary to plot displacement current density nothing plotted and if i select any other boundary error message"failed to evaluate variable, variable mode1.dc,Jdr please help me . note i use plasma module dc discharge and i want to model plasma jet thanks

Posted: 1 decade ago 2014年5月28日 GMT-4 07:36
Hi Viola,

Have you succesfully run your simulation first so that you actually have a solution to plot? And have you selected this solution in the plot node?

What kind of boundary conditions do you have?
Hi Viola, Have you succesfully run your simulation first so that you actually have a solution to plot? And have you selected this solution in the plot node? What kind of boundary conditions do you have?

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.