Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

How to make COMSOL re-check Paramters and Variables ?

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

How can I make COMSOL recheck a variable defined in Global Definitions?

I mis-typed an entry in the variables in the global definitions. I used this variable name to define a boundary temperature. COMSOL complained correctly that the unit was wrong.
I corrected the entry in the global variable definition, but the error message in the Heat Transfer module, where I use this variable is completely unaffected from any change i make there and states all the same for this variable name.

How can I make COMSOL re-check the contents of the variable in the module?

2 Replies Last Post 2014年6月6日 GMT-4 09:38

Posted: 1 decade ago 2014年6月6日 GMT-4 09:32
What error do you get in the heat transfer module?
What error do you get in the heat transfer module?

Posted: 1 decade ago 2014年6月6日 GMT-4 09:38
It claims the units were wrong.
That was the case in my first definition, but was corrected later.

I could even change the unit in the variable from [s] to [km] and the message was still [1/s] was the wrong unit.
I could avoid the message easily by renaming the variable. So I suppose the old contents of the variable was not updated.
It claims the units were wrong. That was the case in my first definition, but was corrected later. I could even change the unit in the variable from [s] to [km] and the message was still [1/s] was the wrong unit. I could avoid the message easily by renaming the variable. So I suppose the old contents of the variable was not updated.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.