Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Swept mesh

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi All:

I'm trying to create a swept mesh but I'm getting the following error:

Error: 4129
Source and target faces must be specified.
- Subdomain: 1

The geometry represents a microfluidic device with a Y-shape entry. Basically, two channels running in paralell separated by a middle smaller channel (H-shaped cross section). Any suggestion for this case?

Thanks very much,

-Omar Canales

2 Replies Last Post 2010年4月8日 GMT-4 14:36
Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Posted: 1 decade ago 2010年4月8日 GMT-4 02:23
Hi

Sweep meshing works "automatically" when you have simple items, such as boxes: you mesh one side and ask it to sweep over the rest, but if you have meshed more than 1 side, COMSOL gets confused on "how" to seep, and ask for help.

Take a look at the doc and test it out on simple volumes, there are also limits on the number of distinct surfaces on the "start" = "source" or "stop" = "target" face (I tend to forget on which one ther is a limit).

Furthermore, it only works if the topology of the part remains coherent: no branches, so that if you have a Y you must manually split it up in 4 items, each branch and the combination part, and mesh them by hand one by one.

Start playing with simple volumes, you will quickly get it, I'm sure

Have fun Comsoling
Ivar
Hi Sweep meshing works "automatically" when you have simple items, such as boxes: you mesh one side and ask it to sweep over the rest, but if you have meshed more than 1 side, COMSOL gets confused on "how" to seep, and ask for help. Take a look at the doc and test it out on simple volumes, there are also limits on the number of distinct surfaces on the "start" = "source" or "stop" = "target" face (I tend to forget on which one ther is a limit). Furthermore, it only works if the topology of the part remains coherent: no branches, so that if you have a Y you must manually split it up in 4 items, each branch and the combination part, and mesh them by hand one by one. Start playing with simple volumes, you will quickly get it, I'm sure Have fun Comsoling Ivar

Posted: 1 decade ago 2010年4月8日 GMT-4 14:36
Thanks for you response. I will try such suggestions!
Thanks for you response. I will try such suggestions!

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.