Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Multi component interphase heat & mass transfer model in COMSOL

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello everyone,

I am new to comsol and exploring from few days.

I am also new to multi species heat and mass transfer.

I am simulating a the phase change heat and mass transfer from a flue gas flowing on to the porous tube bundle, through which cold water is flowing.

The flue gas is consisting condesable H2O vapor, and non condensable CO2, H2 and O2.

Inlet velocity and outlet pressure conditions are given for flue gas and water.

First of all, I have some basic questions:
What module should I use?
What mathamatical model is applicable to solve for this simulation? why?
Do I need any programming aid require to perform this?

etc. which are helpful to perform it correctly.

Further discussions need a good start up.

Thanks in advance,
Dakshesh Sharma

0 Replies Last Post 2014年6月10日 GMT-4 15:32
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Dakshesh Sharma

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.