Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Calculate the impedance of a coil

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Dear all,

I am passing an RF current through a copper coil. I have modelled this fine, but I need to calculate the impedance for matching purposes. Does anyone if Comsol can do this?

Thanks

1 Reply Last Post 2014年7月22日 GMT-4 11:57
Rob Boswell COMSOL Employee

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 10 years ago 2014年7月22日 GMT-4 11:57
Hi Matt,

Why don't you take a look at the following blog post on 'Computing the Impedance of a Corrugated Waveguide' for some detail on how this type of analysis can be done?

www.uk.comsol.com/blogs/computing-impedance-corrugated-waveguide/

Kind Regards,

Robert Boswell
Hi Matt, Why don't you take a look at the following blog post on 'Computing the Impedance of a Corrugated Waveguide' for some detail on how this type of analysis can be done? http://www.uk.comsol.com/blogs/computing-impedance-corrugated-waveguide/ Kind Regards, Robert Boswell

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.